Hygge is a great way to destress and you really don't have to look far to get access to all the nice benefits of a calm, relaxed moment at home.
A few tips and tricks will get you far in no time. This is my own top 5 cosiness booster list that is applicable anytime, any day of the week:
- Light a candle when the darkness outside sets in at night. The soft light creates a soft and cosy atmosphere at home
- Make time to unwind. If you tend to have a lot to do, make it a priority to have a moment of peace during your day
- If you use Spotify or a similar online service, create your own hygge playlist. I have two different versions. One with music that the kids like and my own personal one with soft music that soothes the soul after a busy day full of work and meetings
- Go soft and make space for your favourite pillows and blanket in your couch.
- Be present and unplug from your phone and computer. Spending time on social media is an amazing possibility, but it tends to be a cosiness killer, especially if you have decided to be present and spend time with other people
Honouring your life and giving yourself the time to enjoy a moment of tranquility is so important for your life balance. We always have somewhere to be and I, for one, tend to think about the next thing to do and it makes me forget to enjoy the here and now. Do you know that feeling?
Think about it, wouldn't it be nice to take each moment as it is without rushing onto the next experience and thing to do?